Treatment for Auto Accident Injuries from Seat Belts at Lakewood Ranch Chiropractic with Your Bradenton Chiropractor
At Lakewood Ranch Chiropractic, our chiropractor takes great pride in being the area's trusted auto accident chiropractor. Specifically, our team of chiropractors is here to diagnose, treat, and help manage any number of injuries following a car accident. We have found that many of the injuries we see here in our Lakewood Ranch Chiropractic office are related to seat belts.
Common Injuries Caused By Seat Belts in a Car Accident
While a seat belt provides your best protection against life-threatening injuries in a car accident, there are situations where a seat belt can cause injuries to the spine. Of course, this isn't to say that you shouldn't wear a seatbelt while in the car; seat belts should be properly worn at all times!
One of the most common injuries that can be caused by a seat belt during a car accident is that of whiplash; this occurs when the upper (cervical) spine is violently thrown into the seatbelt strap, resulting in tearing and other damage to the ligaments, muscles, and tendons surrounding the spine. Symptoms include back and neck pain, as well as muscle stiffness; these symptoms usually show up a day or two after the accident.
Another common injury that can be caused by a seat belt during a car accident is that of a pinched nerve. This can happen on its own or in conjunction with whiplash, with the most common symptom being a sharp, shooting pain that occurs when you move your neck or back in a certain direction.
Finally, a herniated or bulging disc is another common injury we see that can be caused by a seat belt during a car accident. When your body is thrown into a seat belt, your spine can be thrown out of alignment. In turn, the fluid-filled discs in between the spine's vertebrae can become crushed or can slip out of place, which results in sharp pain in the back, neck, or shoulder areas.
Chiropractic Treatment for Seat Belt Injury for the Surrounding Communities of Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, and Fruitville, FL
If you're suffering from a seat belt injury following an auto accident, chiropractic treatment therapy may be able to help. We offer a wide range of treatments in our Lakewood Ranch Chiropractic office to help you find relief from whiplash, pinched nerve, and herniated/bulging disc symptoms. These include:
- Chiropractic Adjustment - this is ideal for treating pinched nerves and whiplash since it focuses on improving the alignment of the spine and promoting blood circulation. This, in turn, can help speed up healing of torn ligaments, tendons, and muscles while relieving pain.
- Spinal Decompression - this treatment involves reducing compression of the spine's vertebrae using controlled methods. Spinal decompression is ideal for those suffering from herniated or bulging discs.
- Massage Therapy - often recommended in conjunction with other techniques, massage therapy helps to stimulate healing and blood flow throughout the body while relieving muscle soreness.
- Physical Therapy - ongoing physical therapy can help to address long-term symptoms following an auto accident, such as stiffness and back pain.
- cold laser therapy - involves the use of a specialized laser applied to affected areas of the body to relieve pain.
- X-Rays - ideal as a starting point for diagnosing car accident injuries and determining proper treatment.
Request an Appointment With Our Bradenton Chiropractor Today!
If you're suffering from seat belt injuries from a car accident, schedule an appointment with our Bradenton chiropractor by calling Lakewood Ranch Chiropractic today at (941) 739-2900. We proudly serve the areas of Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, and Fruitville.